Aula 272 at Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski". Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski" is the first Bulgarian Higher School to open in 1888. In 1880, the Ministry of Education of the newly restored Bulgarian state submitted to the National Assembly a draft Basic Law on Schools, the idea of which was to create a Bulgarian higher education school to receive graduates from the real and classical high schools.
It was not until 1887 that an ordinance was issued by the Minister of Education, Todor Ivanchov, for the opening of a pedagogical class at the First Men's High School in Sofia. The Provisional Rules provide for the functioning of a history and philology department only. The landmark 272 has been renovated and restored to existing architecture. It is the largest hall in the university with a capacity of 715 seats.